Automotive Line Technician
MIDLANDS Auto is currently looking to expand our Service Department Team by hiring an Experienced Technician.
As an Automotive Technician, you must be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We are determined to grow our employees to their fullest potential. With that said, we pay for your ongoing Honda training and Honda certifications year-round.
- Automotive technicians provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs.
- Automotive technicians explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an automotive technician (automotive mechanic)
- ASE certifications and/or manufacturer training required
- Hold a valid driver’s license with less than 4 points
- Submit to a drug screening and background check
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.
- High Quality is a must
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Ability to regularly lift 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to inspect vehicle to determine repairs needed.
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Ability to diagnose noise concerns accurately and effectively.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
Start your job application: click Easy Apply